Titan Recruitment are a leading specialist Engineering and Technical Recruitment and Contracting Consultancy having successfully placed skilled professionals in jobs across Australia and overseas. We have a top-tier client base from a broad range of sectors looking for talented professionals.
About the Role
Responsible for the daily mine geological activities under the direction of the Geology Manager.
The role is offered on a fixed term contract until August 2018 and you must reside, or be willing to reside in Kalgoorlie for the duration of the contract. They offer a lifestyle roster of 9/5.
- Ensure compliance with HSE procedure standards;
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the client's values;
- Liaise with mining crews and site technical groups;
- Learn, develop and use the mine geological processes in a manner that achieves and/or exceeds specified goals, cost and safety targets;
- Collect and interpretation of geological and structural data;
- Develop, maintain and validate mineral resource models, grade control systems and geological databases as required;
- As required, prepare accurate and timely reconciliation of grade control and block model tonnes and grade on a weekly bias;
- Plan and supervise effective grade control programs and ensure that quality control is maintained at the highest possible level
Successful applicants will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Geology;
- Proven experience in a similar role;
- Mine geology and grade control experience in gold is essential;
- Experience using Surpac, Acquire database or similar systems;
- QA/QC processes;
- Understanding of relevant sections of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations;
- Solid understanding of mining techniques and methodologies;
- Knowlege of mining practices
- Attractive fixed term pay package
- 9/5 lifestyle roster
- Fixed Term until August 2018
- Residential role - Kalgoorlie
Pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screen, as well as referee and police background check may be conducted as part of the recruitment process.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Yunis Lombard on (08) 6467 0607 or click 'Apply Now'