Our client is a market leading design and manufacturing firm with an outstanding reputation both Nationally and locally in WA. Due to a busy period they have an opening for an experienced Expeditor to join their Perth operations.
About the Role
Successful candidate will work with internal stakeholders and provide ad-hoc support to the procurement team to ensure purchase order requirements are understood and complied with by supplier. Liaise with suppliers via telephone/email to provide timely, accurate and forward looking updates of supplier's progress at meeting delivery schedules and resolve issues with vendors and internal customers as they arise. You will identify opportunities and implement change to improve the performance of suppliers. Update ERP system as well as assist finance in securing and validating the information that supports the processing of invoice for payment.
To be considered for the role applicants you would need to demonstrate the following skills
- 3 - 5 years exp in a similar role performing the assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with high pressure and demanding workloads
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and verbally
- Proficient in the use of computers and a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and DBM.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own activities to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrate a results orientation mindset.
- Be capable of effective collaboration with all levels of staff
- Be pro-active and be able to work autonomously
What's on Offer
At the forefront of their industry this employer has an exceptionally talented management team.
This is an initial 6 month contract starting Mid May with a competitive hourly rate offered
We also have Expediting opportunities in the Oil and Gas sector coming soon so register your interest NOW
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Steve Andrews on (08) 6467 0638 or click 'Apply Now'.