A successful Engineering and Project Delivery Consultancy in the mining and mineral processing sectors are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team.
About the Role:
- Deliver discipline specific engineering services that meet our clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- Prepare project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- Conduct appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- Prepare and oversee the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports;
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline team and project teams; participate in peer reviews; and consult with relevant resources as required.
- Outline project requirements, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- Ensure the required services meet our clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within our clients and other stakeholders.
- Provocatively resolve any discrepancies between clients and other stakeholders.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
To be considered for this position you must be Degree qualified preferably with or working towards Chartered status and have experience in similar, brownfield hydrocarbons EPC or EPCM environment. Specifically we will be looking for the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the relevant discipline, and able to
- consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to our client
- Honors degree in electrical engineering.
- 10 years' experience of leading engineering and design teams in a brownfields environment in the resources industry.
- A sound understanding of substation design for voltage levels of 33kV, 6.6kV & 415VAC.
- Familiarity with electrical switchgear operating at these voltages, distribution transformers, UPS's and protection power supplies.
- The ability to communicate with the client representatives and manage expectations.
- Experience of vendor package management driving adherence to project scope of work and relevant client and Australian Standards.
- Understanding of commercial implications which the decision making process during the execution of a project.
- Liaise with other engineering and technical personnel including personnel from other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met.
What's on offer?
- 6 month ongoing contract
- A fantastic work environment
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Thomas Wara on (08) 6467 0691 or click Apply Now.
Titan Recruitment is a leading specialist Engineering and Technical Recruitment and Contracting consultancy having successfully placed skilled professionals in jobs across Australia and overseas. We have a top-tier client base from a broad range of sectors looking for talented professionals.
Titan encourages applications from all, irrespective of disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion or ethnicity.