About the Role
Position reports to: Contracts & Procurement Manager
Contracts Manager advises on all Legal, Commercial, Contractual issues to all members of the Project(s).
The Contracts Manager is responsible for all pre- and post-contract award activities including, but not limited to:
- Assistance with all aspects of the Contracting and Procurement process including but not limited to pre-qual, tender, document preparation, award, variation and post contract administration
- Timely processing of Contractor correspondence
- Advising and working with Project Director.
- Handling all Commercial, Contractual and Legal issues
- Managing and registering Contract Correspondence
- Arranging close-out of contracts, including settlement of claims, if required
The Contracts Manager will be required to:
- Maintain integrity of Contracting Policies and Procedures
- Draft Tender Board items on behalf of the Client and ensure smooth passage of same through Tender Board
- Act as liaison with other functions, e.g. Legal, Insurance, Tax, Customs
- Participate in contractual and/or commercial audits as required
- Lead and oversee the effective operation of the Contracts team.
- Advice, train and mentor key staff in all aspects of Contract Management.
- Lead negotiations with Contractors to successful conclusions.
- Assist Materials Management team in negotiations with Vendors to achieve successful conclusions.
- Within a project, coordinate and manage the Site Quantity Surveyor(s) and advise as required
- Receive progress claims and Milestone Certificates
- Advise Project Cost controllers on updated financial information for budget and/or cost control purposes
- Ensure scope increases are duly recognized and documented
- Advises on commercial aspects of claims made by Sub-Contractor(s) to Client and negotiate or assist in negotiations
- Liaising with other disciplines as required such as Legal, Project Management, Project Services, Engineering in reviewing and recommending Claims resolutions
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Project. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Law, Business Administration or similar
- Minimum 15 years experience in EPC contract development and administration associated with significant multi-disciplines.
- At least 5 years experience as Contract Manager
- A successful track record in tendering and contract management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracting and procurement practices and principles applied by major EPC companies.
- Knowledge of commercial practices, legal principles and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage contractual/commercial activities to preserve owner/client interests
- Experience in review, analysis, defence, preparation and resolution of Contractor claims.
- Familiarisation with dispute resolution procedures and administration
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Julie Lyons on (08) 6467 0658 or click Apply Now'.
Titan Recruitment is a leading specialist Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting consultancy placing skilled technical professionals across Australia. We have a top-tier client base from a broad range of sectors looking for talented professionals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan encourages applications from all, irrespective of disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion or ethnicity.