We are working with a well regarded engineering and project delivery consultant that delivers multi discipline engineering solutions across the transport, resources & infrastructure sectors.
Currently engaged in a large scale roads and highway package, they now require a Roads Surveillance Officer to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
About the Role
The primary purpose of the Surveillance Officer position is to manage routine surveillance activities and assist the Contract/Project Manager in complex surveillance activities on nominated contract works for the administration of road and / or bridge maintenance and construction works to ensure delivery in accordance with client time, quality and scope requirements.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertake surveillance activities for road construction of the large highways project which will include service relocations, earthworks, pavements, drainage, surfacing and landscaping.
- Maintain detailed site records of work performed and construction activities to ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the quality system and contract documents.
- Assess and report on the implementation of plans on site and on contractor performance to ensure that management plans for construction site are appropriately implemented.
- Assist the Contract Manager in ensuring the consistent application of surveillance by planning programs of surveillance of quality, Workplace Health & Safety, traffic management, environmental management and progress of works. This includes the identification of non-conformance issues, and providing advice to the Contract Manager.
- Oversee the site activity of contractors and public authorities verifying that the work and construction activities are performed in accordance with the contract documentation, policies, industry practices and standards.
- Advise on the efficiency of activities planned or undertaken by the contractor.
To be considered for the role applicants would need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Will have successfully completed either:
- Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Advanced Certificate of Works Management [Municipal and Roads]
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision Certificate III in Civil Construction (Relevant Stream)
- An appropriate Building and Construction (Certificate III or IV); or Extensive practical road construction/maintenance experience.
- Willing to work outside normal working hours (when required) , to travel on occasion and be based on site. I
- Possess a current motor vehicle driver licence
- Previous experience working on MRWA projects. Understanding of MRWA guidelines
- Previous road surveillance experience
- Ability to communicate liaise with multiple stakeholders
What's on offer?
- 40 hour week with some reasonable additional hours
- January 2019 commencement
- 12 month Fixed Term contract
- Competitive salary offered
- Vehicle provided for site use only
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Matt Saffioti on (08) 6467 0630 or click 'Apply Now'.