We are working with a well regarded engineering and project delivery consultant that delivers multi discipline engineering solutions across the mining and resources sector.
Currently engaged in a variety of brownfield mining and materials handling projects, they now require a Structural Engineer & Senior Structural Engineer with a strong mining background to join the Perth team,
- Conduct and prepare structural integrity surveys and produce repair methodologies;
- Conduct site visits to liaise with clients and prepare scopes of work;
- Interface with structural designers to develop drawings to ensure the design intent is interpreted correctly;
- Interact with other engineering disciplines, identify the inputs required by them and accordingly provide the same;
- Design of steel structures such as frames, platforms, bins, chutes, conveyor trusses and conveyor trestles etc;
- Design of concrete structures such as footings, retaining walls, ground beams and slabs etc.;
- Prepare preliminary design based upon other discipline GA drawings and/or sketches for estimating purposes;
- Complete detailed design calculations and sketches;
- Develop calculation reports;
- Formal Structural Engineering qualifications that are recognised by Engineers Australia
- 4 - 15 years experience of structural design in the mining and minerals processing industry. Previous brownfields mining project experience required
- Knowledge of and experience in AS1170, 4100, 3600
- Strong background utilising SpaceGass
- Able to interface with designers and other disciplines
- Ability to produce design reports
- Strong reporting and communication skills
What's on offer?
- 12 month contract with view to extension
- Competitive hourly rate and strong portfolio of work
- Perth CBD based location
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Matt Saffioti on (08) 6467 0630 or click 'Apply Now'.