The purpose of this position is to provide specialised SCADA and electrical input, solutions and advice that balances whole of life costs with stakeholder requirements to ensure maximum value can be obtained from assets through efficient planning and strategic operation.
- Provide ownership, control, accountability, responsibility, and reporting requirements for the SCADA network and associated assigned tasks.
- Provide guidance and development support to engineers, engineering officers and technical officers.
- Complete asset planning, investigations, options studies and technical specifications to required engineering standards, Council Policies and guidelines, in compliance with legislation and within required timeframes and allocated budgets.
- Provide advice and solutions for instrumentation operations, programming and maintenance.
- Investigate system problems and identify ongoing improvement initiatives in order to recommend and implement actions plans.
- Engage, manage and review external consultants in the delivery of SCADA/electrical projects to ensure standards are met or exceeded.
- Provide expert engineering advice and solutions to internal and external stakeholders, employees and customers.
- Assist the Manager to develop and monitor annual SCADA programs and prepare annual budgets.
- Prepare and review professional engineering documents, reports, assessments and general correspondence.
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of management plans, procedures, standards, guidelines and policies.
- Prepare business cases, reports, recommendations suitable for presentation to the Investment Review Committee on completion of asset planning strategies.
- Participate in various infrastructure related committees and technical groups, including chairing meetings when required.
Improvement / Operational Excellence
- Provide advice and input into strategies to develop and build capability in the team.
- Identify innovative and/or non-asset solutions to address infrastructure requirements.
- Utilise multi criteria decision making processes for asset solutions taking into consideration capital investment, operation and maintenance requirements, internal delivery capability, disposal impacts, whole of life costs, safety, environmental impacts, value optimisation, resourcing strategies, reliability requirements and criticality.
- Comply with quality management system and document control system and provide feedback on opportunities for improvement.
- Utilise sound estimating practices to project cost estimates.
- Continue professional develop and keep informed of current and emerging technologies to provide cost effective asset solutions.
- Customer Service (internal & external)
- Promote a customer service culture ensuring high satisfaction and efficient and safe service delivery.
- Represent and promote a positive image and maintain strong and productive networks within community, business, other local authorities, governance agencies, the private sector and the broader environment.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders and customers to ensure detailed understanding of their requirements and seek input at during key milestones.
- Work closely with Operations Group, ICT Group and other teams within Strategic Asset Performance.
- Implement agreed stakeholder engagement processes and procedures to ensure stakeholder requirements are addressed and impacts are communicated.
- Engage with Service Providers and end users in the development of scopes, undertaking safety in design reviews and general design reviews.
Essential Requirments for role
- Degree Qualification in Engineering (Electrical or other relevant discipline)
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience of SCADA network processes and coding, particularly relating to the water and sewerage industry
- Eligible for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with operators and other stakeholders
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems
- First Aid Certificate including CPR & LVR (low voltage rescue)
- Availability to work outside normal hours and travel as required
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland
What's on Offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team of professionals as part of a developing organisation. Offering an admirable salary package.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Daniel Mance on 08 6467 0608 or click 'Apply Now'.
A regional Queensland based information and related technology department is seeking a SCADA Engineer.
They are leading government agency who supports numerous and diverse departments providing maintenance and development for new strategies in a number of areas in Gladstone.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.