The Project Manager is responsible for the definition, management and successful completion of a large scale and/or complex project or suite of related projects which have significant business and high profile impact. The incumbent manages project/program scope and governance as well as monitors and controls project resources and costs and manages the expectations of all project stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with agreed timelines and planned outcomes are achieved.
Specifically, this position will manage large scale and/or complex IT projects, working closely with the Engagement & Discovery team as well as the IT Operations team to ensure smooth project transitions.
- Plan direct, and coordinate activities to manage and implement the project/program of projects from proposal initiation to final operational stage including the transition into business-as-usual (BAU).
- Engage and influence senior managers and key stakeholders to ensure projects will deliver on agreed objectives and align with relevant strategic plans and business goals.
- Develop project plans, securing adequate resources and negotiating the project timetable with the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage all phases of the project, dealing with emergent issues and undertaking problem-solving/troubleshooting as required to keep the project on track.
- Manage subordinate staff and coordinate cross functional project teams, as required, utilising effective leadership, management and teamwork skills and by fostering open, two-way communication at all levels.
- Manage project resourcing requirements and make appropriate recommendations for budgeting and management purposes.
- Ensure appropriate risk management is carried out for projects, escalating risks as required to ensure action is taken to mitigate them.
- Regularly monitor and report on project progress, updating the status using the approved project management systems, templates and tools.
- Responsible for project governance processes which may include chairing relevant committees, working parties or focus groups.
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
Additional Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensure all solutions meet the business needs while adhering to CIO strategic direction and enterprise architectures.
- Ensure all technology projects are delivered and adhere to Solutions Delivery frameworks and standards.
- Partner with the Engagement & Discovery team as well as the IT Operations team to ensure smooth project transitions
- Ensure projects deliverables, products and artefacts are completed to a high standard and meet the business outcomes.
- Ensure projects are successfully transitioned to operational support, whether this be within IT or other areas external to IT.
What's on Offer?
This opportunity is an excellent chance for a Project Manager to join an award-winning organisation. You will be part of a vibrant and supportive workplace that provides a range of benefits, including ongoing professional development, on the job training, study support, leadership and management programs, competitive remuneration packages, generous employee referral incentives and a host of health and wellbeing benefits to help you thrive in the team.
Competitive Salary + 17.5% Superannuation
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Daniel Mance on (08) 6467 0608 or click Apply Now'.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.