You will be responsible for delivering the electrical design and associated procurement, construction and commissioning support activities for one or more brown-field sustaining projects in the mining and resources sector.
You will work closely with the Lead Electrical Engineer, electrical designers, project engineers and the wider engineering team to deliver electrical designs which maintain the company's reputation for high quality engineering services leading to client satisfaction and repeat business.
- Develop electrical designs and related installation and construction documentation.
- Review site electrical issues and develop robust pragmatic solutions.
- Undertake site visits to liaise with clients and develop scopes of work.
- Prepare scopes of work and specifications for electrical equipment.
- Liaise with electrical vendors/contractors and attend Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Provide engineering support on site during construction and commissioning.
- Interact with other engineering disciplines.
- Weekly progress reporting on assigned activities / deliverables.
- Provide input to project proposals including estimation of deliverables and hours.
- Ensuring that work carried out meets company quality management guidelines.
- Engineering performance (quality, cost and schedule)
- Client satisfaction leading to enhanced reputation and repeat business
To be successful
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Membership or on route to membership with a recognised professional body.
- 8 -15 years' relevant engineering experience.
- Design of HV and LV electrical systems used in a brownfields mining environment.
- Specification and design of electrical equipment.
- Participation in risk and hazard studies.
- Construction support and commissioning in electrical installations.
- Power systems design / modelling desirable.
- Awareness of, or more detailed knowledge/qualification in Functional Safety design desirable.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
1st tier provider of Engineering Procurement and Construction packages for the three largest iron ore producers, are looking to employ a Senior Electrical Engineer and a Lead Electrical Engineer.
What's on offer?
- The opportunity to grow a team of engineers.
- Long term contract opportunity, and permanent opportunities available
- Work in Perth central, close to public transport
- Valuable exposure to the most interesting brownfield projects in WA.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Thomas Wara on 08 6467 0691 or by clicking Apply Now'.
Titan Recruitment is a leading specialist IT and Technical Recruitment and Contracting consultancy having successfully placed skilled professionals in jobs across Australia and overseas. We have a top-tier client base from a broad range of sectors looking for talented professionals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.