Mechanical Engineer, qualified with a Bachelor of Engineering in (Mechanical/Manufacturing) and a minimum 5 to 8 years relevant industry based experience.
- Develop technical solutions for small to medium refinery brownfield projects.
- Complete estimates for engineering hours required to deliver engineering phases of work.
- Complete Basis of Design / Scope Outline documents to detail project design basis.
- Complete detailed Scopes of Work for Contractor site execution of works.
- Complete detailed specifications / data-sheets / lists (e.g. MTOs) for equipment supply.
- Technically evaluate vendor equipment supply proposals.
- Develop and review General Arrangement and detailed mechanical and piping drawings in cooperation with design drafters.
- Complete engineering sketches.
- Must be able to understand Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and mark-up / update for projects.
- Capable of completing detailed hydraulic calculations for pumping and piping systems (Previous use of AFT Fathom/Arrow and/or Piping Systems Fluid Flow software or similar preferred).
- Exposure to engineering design of materials handling equipment (eg. conveyors, transfer chutes).
- Working understanding of structural steelwork & concrete design standards typical to brownfields refinery/mining industries.
- Understanding of pressure vessel design requirements.
- Basic understanding of pipe stress analysis requirements.
- Exposure to field instrumentation and assist with data-sheet development for instruments.
- Assist in development functional specifications.
- Exposure to Mechanical brownfields construction and commissioning.
- Ability to develop mechanical commissioning plans and provide site technical assistance during commissioning.
- Complete project site inspections and completion punch lists.
Ability to manage own time with limited supervision & ensure work completed within target budget & schedule.
Ability to understand client issues and work collaboratively and effectively with client representatives to get best project outcomes.
Apply Safety in Design principles at all times.
Good understanding of change management applicable to small to medium projects.
Good verbal & written communication skills.
Experience of and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Willing to work at site location & confident in conducting site visits & field verification.
Good understanding of project reporting, tracking & documentation requirements.
What's on Offer?
- 12 month contract
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Steven Andrews on 08 6467 0638 or click Apply Now'.
Our client is an international organisation and provider of professional services to the energy and resources sector and is managing some of the world's leading projects. Its highly valued workforce is offered challenging opportunities both locally and internationally.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.