We are currently seeking a Operations Supervisor.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the safety systems in place
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the appropriate Occupational Health and Safety Standards and Regulations and RTIO policies and procedures
- Stop work where the work is endangering their own safety and/or the safety of others
- Empower Ballast Cleaning team to stop work where that work is, or may, endanger their safety or the safety of others
- Ensure systems are in place to identify and manage potential hazards and risks
- Ensure CMS processes are in place and effective
- Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated
- Encourage a no-blame' culture to reporting of incidents
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual works plan
- Ensure all works are planned and executed
- Ensure works are completed to schedule where possible
- Develop and communicate recovery processes to recover schedule where applicable
- Confirm the correct safe working controls are in place prior to the commencement of work
- Compile reporting metrics and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure processes are in place to manage ballast cleaner assets (including maintenance)
- Investigate and prepare any report associated with the performance of the works. This may include:
- Attend to incidents and faults when escalated and provide support to the team members to rectify the incident or fault as quickly as possible
- Ensure worksites are returned to the business in accordance with RTIO Codes of Practice
People and Leadership
- Provide clear expectations and performance goals to Ballast Cleaner team
- Drive performance excellence
- Ensure the work environment, practices and activities adhere to RTIO standards and specifications
- Allocate staff and material resources to ensure works are completed with optimum maintenance
- Execute contractor management processes (in accordance to the RTIO CMS)
- Ensure all staff are compliant with training requirements for the task
- Ensure personnel are VoC compliant before undertaking any task
- Ensure all personnel undertaking tasks hold the relevant qualification
- Conduct leadership time in field to provide governance to safety and productivity outcomes
- Undertake CRM and/or other safety activities as per current KPI's
- Attendance to contractor pre-start meetings on a daily basis
- Cert III in Rail Infrastructure (preferred)
- The Ops Supervisor will need to be competent to assess track condition and hand back track to operations after maintenance
- Demonstrated safety leadership
- Leading a team in a rail environment o Extensive experience in a rail infrastructure environment
- Effectively operate in a changing environment or emergency situations
- Ability to quickly establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- High level of both written and verbal communication skills
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
What's on Offer?
- An attractive hourly rate
- 12+ months contract
- Site based role with ideal roster 2/1
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Suzi Johnson on 08 6467 0607 or click Apply Now'.
Designs crucial elements to support the resources and infrastructure markets, both domestically and internationally. With strong relationships and a large project range, they provide widespread solutions for a range of projects.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.