We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Environmental Advisor to support the execution phase of a rail maintenance project on a FIFO basis. Reporting to the Superintendent - Execution and functionally to the Environmental Coordinator, you will provide technical advice and assistance to site personnel, ensuring compliance with all Calibre and Client's environmental legal and other requirements.
You will also:
- Assist in the establishment, development, implementation and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Assess contractor Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) for compliance with the project requirements
- Contribute to the development of Project environmental approval documents
- Contribute to inspections and auditing activities to ensure compliance with Project, Calibre and Client procedures and standards, legal and other requirements
- Conduct environmental monitoring (e.g. water, clearing, air) as required
- Contribute to the communication of environmental issues, requirements, performance and non-conformance
- Assist with site reporting requirements, including monthly environmental reports and incident reporting
- Develop, deliver and document environmental training and awareness programmes to site personnel
As an Environmental Advisor you will have excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships. You will also have:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Natural Resource Management or similar
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and environmental approvals implementation
- Current drivers license
- Experience in EMS & Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite with proven time management and problem solving ability
- Data analysis and report writing skills
- Incident investigation and auditing skills (desirable)
- Experience with managing environmental performance on operating mine, construction or infrastructure projects (desirable)
What's on Offer?
- Initial 12 months with option to extend
- Site based role with roster 2:1
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Julie Lyons on 08 6467 0658 or click Apply Now'.
Designs crucial elements to support the resources and infrastructure markets, both domestically and internationally. With strong relationships and a large project range, they provide widespread solutions for a range of projects.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.