We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer (Material Handling) who will perform engineering design duties associated with the Koodaideri Phase 1 project.
- Preparation and checking of design calculations associated with conveyors and materials handling equipment;
- Detail design in collaboration with designers and modellers, including reviewing the 3D model deliverables and providing direction;
- Ensuring that the standards used on the project are acceptable to the Client and in accordance with the design criteria and basis of design and that appropriate approvals of calculations, specifications, and/or drawings are obtained;
- Review and approval of shop detailing deliverables;
- Supporting shop detailing, fabrication and construction;
- Ensuring that all Technical Queries are addressed in a timely manner;
- Quality Assurance Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the project;
- Safety Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices for personnel working with you and around you. Understand and display oneway leadership across the project. Be proactive in HSE goals. Proactive in identifying and assessing health, safety and environmental risks, and developing solutions to reduce risks to acceptable levels.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree;
- Minimum 10 years experience in the mining industry, including a minimum of 5 years experience in the iron ore industry;
- Previous conveyor and transfer chute design;
- Familiar with 3D design and models;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail;
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities in a busy environment;
- Pro-active team player;
- Previous experience with design packages, Sidewinder, Microstation, Navisworks and SmartPlant 3D.
What's on Offer?
- 6 months contract
- An attractive hourly rate
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Anthony Blair on 08 6467 0609 or click Apply Now'.
Our client is an international organisation and provider of professional services to the energy and resources sector and is managing some of the world's leading projects. Its highly valued workforce is offered challenging opportunities both locally and internationally.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.