Seeking a Senior Buyer. The ideal candidate will have Buying experience within the mining industry.
- 10 years experience within similar industry
- Determine procedures within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions.
- Establish and approve sources of raw material and finished product supplies, receive quotations and secure bids both locally and overseas.
- Undertake the negotiation of purchase contracts, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Supervise controls on receipt and acknowledgment of materials and supplies and the maintenance of purchasing records.
- Co-operate with production, research, engineering and other departments in modifications to equipment, product specifications and delivery dates.
- Process and action finished goods orders to marketing centres having regard to the optimisation of total inventory.
- Review and process claims against suppliers for unsatisfactory materials or equipment.
- Investigate trends in basic raw materials and supply prices, recommend the timing and quantity of purchases and establish economical purchase quantities.
- Liaise with parent group as appropriate on economies of purchase for base raw materials, either through local agents, overseas merchants or manufacturers.
- Attend production planning meetings and liaise with marketing personnel in the forward ordering of supplies where lead time is critical.
- Prepare detailed financial analyses in support of alternative purchasing strategies.
What's on Offer?
- Supportive and well established team
- Market rate / hour dependent on experience level
- Perth based role
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Rebecca D'Amico on (08) 6467 0629 or click Apply Now'.
Our client is an international organisation and provider of professional services to the energy and resources sector and is managing some of the world's leading projects. Its highly valued workforce is offered challenging opportunities both locally and internationally.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.