We are looking for a commercially focused Business Manager with an emphasis on operational management experience who will be responsible for the efficient running of the business, ensuring teamwork and communication between the managers and ensuring policies are adhered to and risks managed. A key part of this role is ensuring all facets of operations and business support work in alignment so that we reach our common goals effectively and efficiently.
This individual will be the glue between the operational teams to ensure we move together as one effectively and efficiently.
Specifically the role will cover the following responsibilities:
- Attend Finance and Operations meetings
- Ensure teamwork and communication between managers to execute deliverables
- Support operational groups with reporting and initiatives
Human Resources Support
- Lead, build and foster a positive workplace culture and EVP
- Including onboarding and inductions for new hires
- Leave management
- Risk management
- Provide a framework and support performance management and disciplinary matters
- Workers compensation management relating to contractors
- Manage outsourced provider to execute strategies effectively and build on the brand story
- Manage marketing outputs ensuring deadlines are adhered to and quality maintained
- Manage various yearly functions for Client, contractors, and staff
IT & Systems
- Manage outsourced IT provider to ensure all systems are advanced and effective
- Manage all systems and processes including process improvement and efficiencies
- Manage and execute Commercial Contracts & Tenders
- Positively manage suppliers
- Facilities management
- Office repairs and maintenance
This individual must be hands on, have a strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong business leadership and engagement skills
- Experience in either business, general or operations management or commercial roles/responsibilities
- Recruitment industry or similar experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to confidently deal with a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound business and financial acumen.
- Experience in managing the Human Resources function of a medium sized business, and understanding of the industrial relations environment
- Experience in commercial negotiations, and be able to advise the business on contractual and commercial risks
What's on Offer:
- In return for your dedication to this role, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, a vibrant and experienced team, along with the opportunity to further develop your career with a growing and high-performing organisation.
- You will also be offered an incentive based on your contribution to the business
- We have an active social calendar which includes social gatherings, team sports events, regular morning teas, Friday wind down drinks and we bring our teams together to celebrate the end of year at our annual Christmas party.
- City Centre office location with: gym and end of trip facilities on premises, stand-up desks and modern office design