Our client is seeking a Metallurgist who is proactive, autonomous and has a strong technical knowledge of wet plant processes. This is a residential role in WA's mid-west. If you enjoy the coastal / country lifestyle and working for a global organisation within a small supportive interdisciplinary team this could be the role for you.
The Primary Responsibilities include
- Develop and maintain metallurgical operations and work practices that maximise operational efficiencies
- Improve plant performance; reduce waste and delays, promote cost reductions and achieve high level operating efficiency
- Provide input into the overall design of process flowsheets, plant layouts and material handling systems
- Evaluate current and potential processing methods
- Create and distribute regular metallurgical reports
- Work within cross-functional teams. Coach, mentor and upskill processing production teams
- Establish strong relationships with plant operators and supervisors
- Oversee and assist with sample analysis and reporting
- Carry out test work and put forward proposals for process improvements
- Encourage creative thinking and challenge the way things are done in order to contribute to the site continuous improvement program
- A tertiary qualification in Metallurgy or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience within mining or mineral processing operations
- Wet plant experience - separation plant high desired
- Working knowledge of metallurgical testwork flowsheets and procedures
- Technically competent with good analytical and problem solving skills
- High level computer skills, particularly excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- This is a residential role, candidates must be willing to relocate to WA's mid-west (either Kalbarri, Northampton or Geraldton area)
What's on Offer
- $120k - $150k + super (DOE)
- Relocation assistance
- Career progression opportunities
- Supportive team culture
- Coastal / Country lifestyle
For more information and a confidential discussion please Melissa St Clair on (08) 6467 0628 or click Apply Now'.
A trusted global leader in industrial garnet.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.