The ideal candidate will have the experience and knowledge to administer, implement and facilitate effective payroll management.
This is a broad based role which will expose you to all facets of payroll and accounts within the recruitment and contracting industry. You will help shape Titan at an exciting stage of our growth and help us maintain our status as a leader in recruitment, contracting and payroll services.
This is not your typical payroll role, you will be happy to get your hands dirty' and be exposed to key stakeholders on a daily basis. As such, your ability to communicate and make decisions for the ongoing success of the business is paramount.
You will be dealing with contractors and clients alike and managing internal Titan stakeholders so a confident and positive approach is a distinct advantage.
- Processing contractor pays, benefits, terminations and redundancies, calculating Superannuation and Awards etc
- Sole payroll officer take control of the payroll function
- Timesheet Data entry and manage the online timesheet process, queries and approvals
- Ensure compliance with employer obligations across various states; superannuation, portable long service leave, workers compensations, payroll tax, fringe benefits.
- Weekly reconciliation of payroll and match back to the GL
- Handling payroll queries in a polite and timely manner
- Work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders (clients, contractors, suppliers, internal staff, etc)
- General financial/ administrative support related to the successful running of the department
- Back up/cover for Accounts Officer
- Strong attention to detail is a must - accurate and efficient data entry skills required
- Strong payroll experience preferred over accounts
- Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills
- General Accounts and Bookkeeping skills including Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Must be able to work as part of a busy team with top communication skills, the ability to solve problems and the initiative to resolve issues and liaise with management
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience with payroll software such as MYOB is preferred but not essential
- HR exposure of interest but not essential
- Software: RDB Pronet, MYOB AccountRight, MS Excel (also considering Astute payroll so knowledge of that may also be beneficial in long run)
- Recruitment industry/labour-hire / Engineering consultancy experience i a bonus but not essential
What's on Offer
This will be a long term position that gives the right person the opportunity to grow within a company, have a great deal of autonomy and really make a difference. This position is a crucial part of our team and service delivery and you will be viewed as an integral part of the whole team and will be recognised as such. Recruitment is a multi facet business environment so you will learn new commercial and people skills and you can have a direct impact on the team around you. Hands on mentoring and ongoing training by the Financial Controller and the Leadership Group will be provided.
You will be based at our premises at London House which offer:
- Gym and End of Trip Facilities on premises
- Stand-up desks and modern office design
- City Centre office location
- Concierge and lobby facilities
Why Titan Recruitment?
Working at Titan Recruitment has been a fantastic experience. I left a large global business and joined this close-knit team of experienced and mature consultants with a deep understanding of the business streams that they operate within. My opportunity to build a new business unit has provided me with the support of an established management team, access to innovative software and recruitment tools and the freedom to pursue new clients and leverage off the existing clients of Titan. It has been a wonderful experience and I believe I have found a new home for the coming years and encourage motivated, passionate recruiters to come and join our team.'
Suzi Johnson, Manager- Infrastructure & Buildings
As the Manager of energy and resources I really enjoy working with my team of experienced recruiters who know the market well! Titan has a great bunch of clients, which means the challenge of trying to find the right jobs for the right candidates is much easier. The role is very challenging which makes it all the more thrilling when we succeed as a team and business.'
Anthony Blair, Manager-Resources & Energy
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.