Based in Australia, reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the Maintenance Technician (Inelec) will be responsible for carrying out the planned maintenance and repairs of instrument, electrical, communications and process control plant and equipment associated with the collection and processing and disposal of all oil/gas well and process fluids within the offshore facilities.
- Conduct work as directed by the Maintenance Team Leader and the maintenance plan;
- Ensure that maintenance duties are conducted and managed in an effective, safe and environmentally sound manner and in compliance with the relevant regulatory and company guidelines pertaining to Health, Safety and Environment and Integrity Management Systems;
- Monitor, inspect, conduct preventative or planned maintenance, diagnose faults or breakdowns, testing, calibrating, repairing and maintaining instrument and electrical equipment on the plant, process and utilities equipment including:
-Turbines, motors and pumps;
-UPS, batteries and associated equipment;
-High voltage equipment;
-Fire and gas detection systems;
-Process instrumentation and control and safety systems;
-Low voltage equipment.
- Ensure that jobs are raised for corrective or repair actions resulting from work conducted, where full details of problems encountered, remedial action taken and any parts required are correctly entered in to the Computerised Maintenance Management System and equipment logs;
- Undertake equipment service and repairs/component change-outs as covered by detailed and technical procedures;
- Prepare/exam drawings or specifications, estimating materials for minor electrical installation and repair projects; requisitions supplies, materials and equipment to complete the assigned tasks;
- Approve isolations and sign-offs on the isolation' requirements of a permit; disconnecting electrical sources using lockout/tagout procedures to block electrical sources; monitoring others for their compliance with the permit system;
- Support in recovering the platform facilities after a shutdown provided they have high voltage authorisation;
- Provide leadership, support and direction to Maintenance Support Contractors as required;
- Direct and supervising third party vendors or contractors as instructed by the Maintenance Team Leader;
- Fulfil duties as a member of the Facility Emergency Response Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holds a trade qualification in Instrument/Electrical Engineering;
- Has minimum 5 years Instrument/Electrical experience in offshore oil and gas operations;
- Preference will be given to candidates with instrumentation bias.
What's on Offer?
- Immediate start
- Day rate $1000-1200 per day
- 2/2 roster
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.