Our client is seeking a qualified Senior Electrical Engineer to assist the Project Delivery Group, Operations and Maintenance Groups with specialist technical advice, design reviews, analysis, maintenance, condition, refurbishment & replacement of various electrical plant. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work with one of the largest grain handling organisations in Australia. We are seeking adaptable, knowledgeable and proactive candidates with a strong design background and technical expertise in LV to HV projects.
- Provide electrical design solutions for LV & HV systems. The majority of works will be in the LV area. This will include cable design and schedule, EFLI and volta drop calculations, Switchboard design, protection settings etc.
- Provide technical support and advice for electrical power, instrumentation and high voltage projects across the PDG and Operations portfolio
- Provide assistance in the analysis of faults/failures; make recommendations addressing their correction and future prevention; and implement improvements
- Provide advice on maintenance, condition, refurbishment and replacement of various electrical plant
- Provide technical support for Hazardous Area equipment, design and installations
- Manage nominated electrical engineering work requests
- Manage and promote the engineering change management process with incoming work requests
- Carry out engineering investigations and design review for nominated electrical projects
- Participation in HAZOPs, Risk Assessments and design reviews
- Participate in the Field Leadership Program to help improve safety outcomes
- Engineering Degree - Electrical/Power
- Min. 10 years relevant industry experience or similar
- Experience in HV, MV and LV electrical distribution design projects
- Experience in the use of PowerCad LV design software
- Experience with power system analysis and studies / design of earthing and protection systems and arc flash analysis
- Experience with the investigation and analysis of complex electrical engineering problems
- Solid technical report writing skills
- Extensive understanding of the legislative and regulatory constraints in the electrical industry and bulk materials handling industry
- Sound knowledge of Australian standards, codes of practice, and regulations relating to functional safety and safety in design
- Proven ability to effectively communicate requirements, problems, and options with stakeholders
- Ability to work with stakeholders to resolve issues and manage expectations
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the team
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
What's on Offer?
- 6 month contract with view to extend
- Perth based with occasional day or overnight site trips
- Competitive hourly rate
- A unique client side opportunity
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Melissa St Clair on 08 6467 0628 or click Apply Now'.
One of Australia's leading grain organisations.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.