The candidate will be responsible for managing and implementing the company's community engagement activities and strategies across several renewable energy (solar, wind and battery) and waste/recycling projects in Australia. The engagement is mainly on early engagement with stakeholders and communities all across the conception, development, approval and construction stages. Our client is looking for a candidate with a passion to build Australia's renewable energy and waste future.
• Implementing comprehensive and innovative community engagement strategies for projects that is reflective of Government guidelines, emerging trends, and expectations of the community.
• Organising, attending and taking a leading role in the community engagement activities and outputs.
• Working together with the project team to come up with innovative community engagement strategies.
• Researching, developing and implementing a range of innovative techniques to engage stakeholders and communities in project development, especially the use of technologies such as social media, internal engagement platforms and websites.
• Communicate appropriately and effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including public members.
• Prepare content for websites, newsletters, letters, flyers and information days.
• Participate in internal project teams to progress development of projects.
• Show an ability and willingness to execute on a hands on basis.
• Representing the company by participating in industry conferences, forums, workshops and meetings, involving various third parties including other developers, suppliers, network service providers, regulators and Government authorities.
Our client is a leading renewable energy developer and operator with a successful track record of developing more than 200 renewable energy projects across the region.
Focusing on developed markets in Asia-Pacific countries, they develop projects in renewable energy, biomass and waste infrastructure sectors. They employ over 100 professionals globally and are developing more than 40 assets across its target markets.
Our client continues to rapidly grow its platform and is hiring high calibre professionals to join its team.
• Exposure to a diversity of innovative projects in the area of:
§ Behind the Meter Projects
§ Waste to energy
• People-oriented environment.
• Professional development - (training, seminars and conferences).
• Competitive salary package
• Health insurance
• Career development
• Culture - collaborative work environment
• Mentoring - work alongside and learn directly from successful leaders in the industry
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
- Qualifications in community engagement, or an equivalent field
- IAP2 Certificate in Public Participation is essential
- at least 3 years of experience in community engagement for Australian renewables waste/recycling projects.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, and an ability to build relationships and trust with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commercial acumen and entrepreneurial values
• Ability to manage complex project issues, managing time, setting priorities and organising the complex logistics of engagement activities and outputs
• Solid understanding of both the underlying principles and practises of community engagement in the Australian context.
• Knowledge of community engagement strategies in the Australian renewables or waste/recycling space.
• Demonstrated record of delivering successful community activities and outputs at a range of scales, including adapting to challenges and managing sensitive projects.
• Good understanding of the project development life cycle from early stage to COD
• Valid driver's licence and ability to travel.