In recent years, our client has seen considerable growth within all business units. Having recently won some of Queensland's largest connection projects, they are now looking to scale the team. This position is suited to someone that has worked within the Renewable Energy space for a number of years. The successful candidate with have experience working for or alongside EPC's and OEM's, have many industry contacts and connections as well as being technically savvy and have a deep understanding of Renewable Energy Project Management processes.
The Commercial Bid Manager is responsible for leading the conversion of market opportunities into tenders, whilst leading assigned tenders across the Energy and Infrastructure team. The role is responsible to achieve our clients desired market share and win rates within business plan directives.
- Respond to to sales enquiries with sound understanding market factors while preparing clear, accurate and grounded commercial proposals
- Accountable to ensure that scope is well defined through the engagement of subject matter experts, engineering resources and other internal specialists in order to establish a solid basis of offer for all bids and tenders that meets client expectations
- Ensure that deviations from tenders and client specifications have solid technical and commercial grounding and demonstrate a solution for the customer
- Identify and appropriately perceive risks associated with sales opportunities, bids and tenders offering commercial and contractual defences to the organisation through adequate quantification and mitigation strategies
- Manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships including leading complex negotiations and providing recommendations to all stakeholders to optimise our clients commercial position, resolve commercial disputes and resolve issues so that required commercial results are achieved
- Negotiate through bid, tender and pre-award phases to mitigate commercial and contractual risk to EQL
- Strategically respond to expected scope by qualifying clearly the basis of offer, including strategic exclusions from scope to establish strong commercial position for our client
- Manage commercial confidentiality associated with bids, tenders and market intellect.
- Manage the commissioning and integration of substation projects through provision of testing and commissioning services by internal staff and external contractors, ensuring procedural compliance and risk analysis components are delivered efficiently, within scope.
- Manage the required subject matter expert inputs required from engineering, operations and WHS to ensure that bids and tenders represent time/cost/scope requirements for delivery upon award.
- Collaborates effectively managing information and confidentiality requirements across our clients parent company in accordance with applicable ring-fencing parameters.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to health, safety and environment and support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation, policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate market awareness for competitors, commodity and market conditions to ensure that a clear bid strategy is identified to exceed expected bid / win rates
- Demonstrate sound technical prowess in the infrastructure sector to conceptualise solutions for our customers and clients, while providing clear quantification of estimated quantities to support the offer
- Able to estimate using first principals methodologies to enable clear definition of Work Breakdown Schedules, budgets, costs and associated scopes within bid and tender responses
- Demonstrated commercial experience in pre-contracts for major infrastructure fixed price contract projects in a national competitive market with firm contractual terms and conditions of contract
- Extensive experience of contracting and subcontracting principles, cost control, project controls, forecasting and risk management.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of developing estimates, baselining of scope and forming a risk averse basis of offer
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of contractual instruments and their application, including methods for resolving contractual disputes.
- Strong commercial acumen demonstrated by the ability to negotiate large commercial contract arrangements and manage contractor and contract performance in line with business objectives.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in technical project delivery sequencing, quantity surveying and ability to draft and execute high risk commercial contracts and identify and resolve contractual issues.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and respond to sales and tender related inquiries in a market leading manner.
- Proven well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with an ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify, understand and act on customer needs and expectations.
- Focuses on results - drives balanced results creating value and sustainable outcomes for customers, shareholders and the community.
- Leads and enables change - mobilises and models change and innovation across the organisation empowering others to challenge the status quo and drive improved performance.
- Engages others - demonstrates integrity and authenticity in working with others. Communicates, collaborates, builds relationships, inspires and motivates others to perform.
- Builds personal capability - focuses on self-development, building skills for both now and in the future.
For more information, please apply below. For more information please contact Matt Hopping via email: email@example.com