Due to a number of recent wins and an increase in projects, our clients Energy and Resources team is looking for a Senior Engineer (Lines) to join the team on a permanent basis. This client is one of my absolute favourite consultancies with 'people first'values and a great working environment. The company is extremely flexible when it comes to working from home and the hours that you work.
- HV Powerline design for Distribution / Transmission Utilities in NSW, QLD and VIC;
- Providing project and technical support for delivery of HV designs for projects;
- Provide guidance and support to other team members with layout of project drawing packages;
- Mechanical Loading & Electrical Earthing Calculations to support design submissions;
- Review of technical drawings, plans and designs for Installations drawings including electrical schematics, plans, detail and assembly drawings, general arrangements, sub-assembly and component drawings;
- Utilisation of line design programs such as PLS-CADD, PLS Pole and PLS TOWER;
- Daily utilisation of AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel; and
- Assisting Project Managers with the successful completion of engineering projects to fulfil project requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 7 years' experience in Design and Drafting electrical infrastructure for utilities;
- General familiarity with the electricity supply industry, electricity transmission and distribution practices and ability to plan and execute the delivery of projects.
- Experience using line design programs such as PLS-CADD, Poles n Wires, Catan, Powerlines Pro or Npoles
- Sound knowledge of software including AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel;
- Drafting standards experience with utilities and high-level knowledge of presentation of drawing packages to utilities
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, standards, specifications and sketches;
- Ability to work well within a team and have a positive attitude towards your work;
- Ability to be communicate design concepts with clients and other internal stakeholders;
- Ability to work as part of a national team and act as the team representative when working with other internal departments; and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce professional documents and reports.
Please call Matt Hopping 07 3910 5507 for a confidential conversation and more on the position and company details.