About the Role
- Support the development, design, construction, commissioning and operation of renewable energy assets including solar, battery, hydrogen, wind and biomass / waste to energy
• Coordinate technical, commercial and legal teams (including external consultants) to provide specialist advice and direct their efforts on particular assignments to support new grid connections.
• Leading technical workstreams for new grid connections.
• Managing connection projects and associated resources and budgets within the broader project budget and schedule and coordinate with the relevant project manager/owner.
• Support representation in industry, regulatory and agency forums relating to grid connections of renewable energy projects and champion the cause of the business and projects.
• Support the negotiation of network access and connection agreements to secure arrangements on favourable terms.
• Lead the network modelling work (external) required to obtain grid connection.
• Demonstrate a commitment to safety and risk management.
• Support the development of and influence the implementation of alternative commercial strategies and modes of operation to deliver performance improvements and provide value adding to the development, delivery and operational projects.
• Support the management of the commercial activities of the business associated with high-voltage transmission systems (e.g. with commercial team, corporate finance team), by providing advice on effective management of interfaces and working collaboratively with both internal and external parties.
• Participating in relevant industry forums to champion the Company's position and interests and feedback to the organisation relevant industry issues, trends and opportunities.
• Support the development of the broader team through knowledge sharing of grid connection aspects appropriate to the relevant team/audience including the development, delivery, operations teams and the broader engineering function across the business.
• Provide guidance and support as required in the identification, evaluation and management of risks affecting the connection aspects of development, delivery and generation assets.
• Undertake preliminary assessment of any capacity and system strength constraints, oversee technical design development, provide technical inputs required to support commercial arrangements including connection costs and schedule
• Scope technically acceptable generator performance standards (system studies) and obtain approvals
• Proactively manage counterparties including AEMO, TNSPs, DNSPs and regulators
• Coordinate with project team to manage interfaces between connection and generation design and construction
• close connection and access agreements in expected timeframes, lead/support grid registration (as required), coordinate R2 acceptance and close out
• Build and maintain strong relationships with transmission and distribution network service providers, regulators, the wholesale market operator, other market participants and specialist consultants including JV parties and consortium partners
Skills & Qualifications
• Demonstrated experience in negotiating and executing connection agreements for renewable energy assets.
• Strong knowledge of the National Electricity Rules, connection requirements and the rights and obligations of connecting generators.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the National Electricity Market including drivers and risks.
• Understanding of renewable energy project grid integration principles and requirements.
• Experience in developing and implementing engagement strategies specific to key stakeholders.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in relevant roles
• Bachelor's degree qualified electrical engineer.
• Technology experience with BESS, wind and solar projects.
• Previous experience in roles with a utility, contractor, major equipment supplier or engineering consultant in similar projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with non-technical colleagues, other engineers, NSPs, regulators, contractors and stakeholders.
• Demonstrated capability to effectively manage multiple work assignments concurrently.
What's on Offer?
- People-oriented environment
- Professional development - including training, conferences and seminars
- Competitive salary package
- Benefits including health insurance
- Career development opportunities
- Culture - convivial and collaborative work environment
- Mentoring - work alongside and learn directly from successful leaders in the industry
Our client is a leading renewable energy developer with numerous projects all across the region. With hundreds of professionals employed globally, our client is looking to grow and expand its business by hiring passionate individuals to join their team in Australia.
Titan Recruitment has been delivering complete, innovative and effective recruitment solutions across Australia for over two decades and is recognised as a leading Engineering and Technology recruitment and contracting specialist. Our service delivery is underpinned by traditional values and an innovative approach to help clients, contractors and candidates achieve their goals.
Find the latest engineering jobs and technology jobs at www.titanrecruitment.com.au
Titan Recruitment is an advocate for Equal Employment Opportunity, and we encourage applications from all interested applicants.