About the Client:
A national electrical engineering consultancy has grown exponentially and continues it's reputation for successfully delivering power generation strategies and systems for Australia's utilities and industry leaders in the resource sector.
About the Role:
The Engineer Automation is accountable is responsible for the provision of automation system development, specialist advice and engineering check and review for delivery of substation control and automation system design, scope and specification, and development application of automation system design standards for the achievement of business and performance objectives.
Provide specialist technical advice and operational support to customers and colleagues across the following areas:
• Provide, check and review conceptual and preliminary design, option analysis, scope and specification of substation automation and control systems.
• Detailed automation system design development, equipment evaluation and integration with existing secondary systems.
• Development and maintenance of secondary system design standards.
• Implement and review standard and non-standard automation and control system design, operation, testing and commissioning.
• Manage work programs for delivery of non-standard solutions.
• Detailed design, review and approve automation system configuration, device settings.
• Perform engineering design review and validation, and check engineering subordinates work.
• Review and approval of automation design philosophy, methodology and user requirements specification documentation.
• Implement and check substation automation designs compliant to IEC 61850 substation communication network standard.
• Chartered Professional Engineer Status as assessed and awarded by Engineers Australia, or eligible for, and maintains the minimum requirements as per current policy
• Advanced knowledge of substation SCADA/control and automation systems obtained through experience, networking, research and other means of professional development
• Specific knowledge of IEC 61850 substation network communication standards.
• Working knowledge of technology and developments within the discipline
• Advanced knowledge of system interfaces to SCADA Master station, Protection IEDs, telecommunication, remote engineering access (Opswan), condition monitoring equipment and National Grid Metering
• Advanced knowledge of existing electricity industry legacy Substation SCADA RTUs and Control system equipment and design
• Advanced knowledge of substation SCADA database structure and use
• Detailed knowledge of SCADA/Automation system construction and commissioning
• Working knowledge of power system protection design
• Working knowledge of Telecommunication and Substation Infrastructure Engineering
• Detailed knowledge of all legislated rules and codes governing the business and industry (NER, SA Electricity Transmission Code, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability and skills deliver projects to agreed quality standards, within budget and schedule constraints
• Demonstrated ability to produce the high quality engineering reports
• Demonstrated ability to produce (IED) automation and control device settings and configuration files.
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability to operate the vendor specific software tools for modern substation automation and protection equipment
What's on Offer:
Working for a dynamic company, focused on delivering robust, efficient and sustainable solutions.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Clayton Duncan on (08) 6467 0661 or click Apply Now'.
About the Client:
Sorry, this job is no longer available