Snr - Principal Substation Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Snr - Principal Substation Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Clayton Duncan|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2018 15:14|
A national electrical engineering consultancy has grown exponentially and continues it's reputation for successfully delivering power generation strategies and systems for Australia's utilities and industry leaders in the resource sector.
About the Role
• Preparation and leadership of HV Substation Designs in collaboration with drafting teams;
• Undertake design under the guidance and leadership of Principal Engineers
• Preparing reports, specifications, project tender documents,
• Communicating and meeting with the client, contractors to define requirements, provide technical and construction support;
• Participate in scoping and preparation of proposals
• Participate safety in design workshops
• Work with an extended team of discipline engineers
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 8 years related experience
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the necessary Australian Standards relating to HV substation design
• Experience working with Power Utilities.
• Demonstrated experience working on ElectraNet or SAPN projects would be advantageous
• Experience in primary and/or secondary substation design - 11kV to 330kV.
• Knowledge of Civil and Structural requirements for HV substations
• Knowledge of protection schemes and IEC61850
• Knowledge of Primary plant technologies and equipment
• Experience in substation earthing systems design, substation lightning protecting, transformers, busbars, switchgear etc.
• Experience in the use of earthing modelling tools (CDEGS) will be an advantage
• Motivated team player with the ability to work autonomously
• Must be an Australian Resident.
What's on Offer:
Working for a dynamic company, focused on delivering robust, efficient and sustainable solutions.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Clayton Duncan on (08) 6467 0661 or click Apply Now'.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's