With a number of industries, in particular Energy/ Resources and Transportation, deploying or upgrading to LTE in their Communications Networks, there is a peak in demand for experienced Telecommunication Engineers specialising in Wireless technology.
The skills and talent required for clients’ projects are in short supply. Projects require a multitude of talent with the following skills:
- RF Engineers
- Network Engineers
- Server Engineers
- Test Analysts
- Solutions Architects – LTE, Applications, Network, Compute & Store
- Project Managers – LTE, Infrastructure
These roles form part of a Technology Design & Delivery team, and are accountable for the Planning, Engineering, Design and Deployment (active and passive components) of the backhaul and access technologies that form part of the Multi-Technology Mix (MTM), including FTTx, Satellite, Fixed Wireless and HFC access platforms.
Highlight your LTE Experience more effectively
“Having met with numerous candidates in recent months, it’s clear they have the experience but are not marketing it well enough, if at all!”
There are some key aspects that candidates need to include in their resume in order to be considered by companies. The pointers below should help candidates, who are actively applying for roles in LTE, attract the attention of potential employers.
Does your resume reflect the following skills?
- Strong Technical ability in Access Networks & Microwave
- RF or Microwave Engineering background
- Wireless Access Solution Architecture Experience
- High Level Design & Detailed Design skills
- Knowledge of Telco Standards and regulatory functions like the ACMA
- Good insight into Modelling for Wireless technologies
- Business case development experience
- Knowledge of LTE & LTE Advanced Standards for Wireless
- Understanding of the implications of changes to Wireless technologies
- 5G knowledge, Proof-Of-Concepts or Trials
- Security considerations/implications for LTE/5G
Do you know what major LTE projects are happening in your state? We’re handling several requirements in this area so please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information and insight.