Top 12 Client Interview Questions
Technical capability is vital to a successful hire but to catapult a good team to a high-performing team, soft skills and culture fit are important factors. As expert recruiters, for these non-quantifiable insights, prepare a thoughtful set of interview questions.
The standard interview questions we all ask such as “Where do you see yourself in five years?” and “What are your reasons for leaving your current company?” can result in a well-rehearsed answer. By asking broader and more unexpected questions, you can gain a deeper insight into the motivators and psyche of the interviewee.
Titan Recruitment recently reached out to Senior Managers in the Engineering and Technology industry to reveal some of their questions.
Here are 12 of their responses:
- What are your key transferable skills for this role?
- What do you see as your main weakness in the workplace?
- Talk about a time when you disagreed with a management decision and how did you handle it?
- What are you hoping to get out of your career here?
- What do you enjoy most about your work and what areas do you wish you did not have to do?
- How can you add value to our business?
- What differentiates you from other potential candidates?
- Why did you apply for this position?
- Over the last 10 years, what is the key thing you have learned about your communication style?
- Over the course of your career who has been your greatest influence?
- What are the three main values that you live by?
- Describe the personality traits you look for from your manager?
It is equally important to allow time at the end of the interview for the candidate to ask you questions as this can give additional insights into what matters to them. They may share their understanding of the company showing they have done their research or be too interested in salary and annual leave which can be key indicators if they are a good fit for the job